Saturday April 17, 2021, 1:22 am
1 - Getting Started
- Packages tab and then the Dim. grid, which lists quantities and dimensions of the packages.
- qty (quantity), l (length), w (width), and h (height) columns.
Enter number and dimensions of the packages in the cells of the
- not necessary, assign a unique label to each row (code column). This will come in handy later.
Dimensions are whole numbers and the default units are centimeters. In Tutorial 2 we will see how to set Metric units and why packVol uses numbers without decimal separator when defining sizes.
- Container tab and then the Current panel.
- inner dimensions of the container in the Length, Width, and Height edit boxes.
Leave the default values for all other parameters. Make sure the values are as shown.
The dimensions of the container are whole numbers and must conform to the package units. As soon as the container is defined, it's immediately displayed on screen.
- Container tab, and then the Input panel.
- not necessary, enter a name for the container by editing the name cell of the container grid. This will come in handy later.
- Fast "all-container" optimization and the Auto-Add Container(s) check boxes are cleared.
Make sure that the
- Automatic panel and enter a running time not too high, for example 9 s. Leave all other parameters unaltered.
- Tools → Start Evaluation menu command (shortcut key Ctrl+R), or press the tool.
To start the optimization, use the
We've completed the first optimization! The result is shown on screen and the view can be changed — for example by holding down the left mouse button and dragging it.
- File → Save menu command (shortcut key Ctrl+S), or press the tool.
Save your work using the
The file format has extension 3dp. As an example we choose the name Tutorial1.3dp.
Dr. Antimo Angelucci, PhD
Via Giulia n. 1
I-30026 Portogruaro (VE) - Italy